Saturday, January 6, 2007

So far so good...

So far I am coping with the lack of t.v. Although last night, after a long day, I was tempted to come home and flop on the couch.... and, well, you know! But I didn't. The boy and I went out for some eats and beers. Then our Frenchy neighbor opened a Primiere Cru bottle of wine from the Beaume region (Wow!) and the rest of the evening was spent, sitting by her outdoor "fire pit" *Grin*

I've been toying with the idea of entering a contest from a Quilting zine. The challenge is, "What's in a Name?" You get to pick which title inspires you and then it's open creative season from there (other than the size). I was playing around with the title, "A Leap of Faith", so of course today I received an email: "The Fool, a leap of faith" from a fun tarot site I recently checked out. Hmmm...maybe it REALLY is a SIGN?

My right and left brains have already battled "The Creative Knock-Out Roy ale" over the idea of actually entering a national- no wait- a worldwide contest!

Insert contrasting voices-
L: "You can't even think of a good image, let alone execute a beautiful art quilt!" R: "Now wait a minute, I think I have a shot at this; give me some time to doodle over this and brainstorm only on my side!" L: "Give it up now! You don't have time for this stupid contest!" R: "But, but...I have until March 1st"

To be Continued...

1 comment:

Robbo said...

That left side is such a curmodgeonly, hateful, nasty, naysaying, depressing, rotten a-hole. At least mine is, and it sounds like your left side might be related to my left side.

Of course, without the left side I would be a train wreck. Bills would go unpaid, dishes would remain forever unwashed, to do lists would go uncrossed off. The left side has a job, which it does nicely. But it is such a busy body.

I went to Bodyworld yesterday. That's the exhibit with cadavers posed as ballerinas, baseball players, and angels. They had a special case that you could reach into and hold a brain. And you know what? It didn't have a heavy side. The weight was quite equal, left and right.