Sunday, January 7, 2007

It yelled at me!


Somehow the times still flies by without "accomplishing much". But I have to say it was probably a more productive day than if I had sat in front of the t.v. guiltily watching Lifetime movies while folding laundry! (Don't worry: I still managed to wash and fold the laundry)! I completed the "sandwich" of the 100 wishes quilt* for our good friends that are adopting- very exciting! The next week will consist of hand sewing the binding on... which I will start tonight, while watching one of my approved shows, Desperate Housewives. Gotta do it.

On a strange side note...Last night when I turned on the t.v. it gave out a strange squeal/high pitched screech- another sign? My husband and I laughed, watched a little of Cold Case and didn't end up completing our 1 hour allotted t.v. time. Sorry it was a Cold Case...and I couldn't stop thinking that my t.v. had yelled at me in an abondoned tone.

Speaking of my husband, aka, "the boy" or "Mr. Vanilla" took one quick look at my blog (mind you from the floor behind me as I was typing) and read the name of it aloud in a tone that was not very approving. Immediately I leaped to defend my strange ways of thinking- that seemed obvious to me at the time, but then realized maybe "people won't get it." The romance (or all the time) that once was with my t.v. is now being channeled to my artistic endeavors. The t.v. has been put on mute for awhile...but I still like the noise or sounds of music, so tonight's inspirations were the sounds of Jess Klein, Bob Dylan and Radiohead. It was a fine cocktail!

Hopefully the rest of you aren't so quick to judge "what is in a name!"
*The 100 Wishes Quilt or Bai Jia Bei is a tradition from the northern part of China that celebrates the birth of a child. It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed a piece of fabric.

2 comments:

Robbo said...

I thought it was refering to the sewing machine, but if it refers to the creative machine, so much the better.

Clementine said...

Aiiiiiiiiii! It's Baby's quilt! It's so beautiful, lady. I just love it, and I know she will, too! Petunia and I can't thank you enough.