Monday, September 3, 2007

I'm back with 200 blocks




well I never really left- I just forgot to blog. I have made a few things since April, but I wasn't as productive this summer as last. I had a "part-time" job that was sometimes 12 hours/day.

Anyway... in case you ever wondered what 200- 8.5 inch squares looked like, here it is! My cats are guarding them closely (or rather sniffing to see where they've been). This is a project for my God Daughter, consisting of some 18 + receiving blankets. Soon to be homemade chenille. (NO, I didn't realize how much work this was until I really got into it, but hey it's fun!) 40 of the blocks you see here are 4 layers deep- otherwise they would not fit in my living room!

2 comments:

Clementine said...

Oh my GAWD--you can make chenille??? I'm intrigued and so, so excited! Thank you so much for working up this quilt for baby Hester. I'm so excited about it!

We can't wait to see you two next month. Love to you both, and kitties too!

Hashbrown said...

This is really so very amazing. We are so blessed to call you our friend and our daughter's god mother. Thank you.