Sunday, February 11, 2007

Coffee Talk and Caterpillars











So I have been meaning to try out this idea for some time, but never quite seem to get there! It's something I saw in my Quilting Arts Mag and originally I thought it was dumb... but my greener side kicked in and said, "why not? -People who care about the environment might hang on to a nice, personalized Coffee Cuff!" So here's my first attempt at one. It was a good learning experience- the next will be even better (especially if I EVER get my fabric mover working).




Yes, the new machines were bought 12/19/06 and I have yet to try out the machine that allows me to free motion quilt with ease! Arg. I have to call the shop tomorrow because I can't seem to figure out one little detail- even after watching the set up DVD 3 times and reading the entire manual....




Then inching right along... inspired by the beetle seen on this site. My friend Mol asked for a caterpillar Mmm... Mmm Blankie or Tag Blanket. I wasn't sure if it could be done, but it turned out pretty cute. Seen here in yummy green minky fabric and yellow flannel on back!




No comments: